Tuesday, 23 February 2010

My Poster Idea (By Olivia Davies)


My film poster idea, has been incorporated out of two images, which I have edited together using photoshop elements. I have made the image of the girl out of focused as then the audiences attention is brought to the first image - the pile of powder on a table, as this then brings attention to the film title. The effect of the images gives a sense of what the film is about as the girl has a 'dissapointed/ undecided/ upset' position.

The colour scheme of the poster is monotone, which uses a single neutral color such as black, light to medium grays, beiges, taupes, and off whites; this gives a feeling of a quiet quality to the film, also suggests the grayness and sadness of the drama in which the story tells.

The text I have used for the film title I have chose so it looks like it has a texture like the image of the powder. To make the text have more of a texture like the powder I incorpoarated an image of powder in the colouring of the text, unfortunately it is unnoticable and appears as it is a white solid colour. The film title is also inverted upwards, as if to the middle of the poster, this then makes the title look coherent with the pile of powder, and gives an effect of a shadow of the powder. I have used a cursive font for the tagline of the film as it suggests that it is about someone's life, also personal; I decided to place the text at the top of the poster to the left of the image ,as there is a blank open space which needed filling, but also that I didn't want the text over the main image of the girl, as the image itself would lose the attention of the audience.

For other advertising purporses and credit of the film, I have included logo's of Channel 4 and Film4 to show the association of the film; this also shows the audience in which channel they need to watch to be able to watch and have acess to the film.

The changes in which I think should be made to make the poster better, would be putting the tagline in a different colour, as it seems to blend into the image too much and becomes unoticed, however if I changed the colour to another solid colour, which was semi bright, then in my opinion it would contrast too much with the rest of the poster, as the only colour on the poster is from the Film4 logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment