Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Script - First Draft (By Olivia Davies, Jordan Evans, Kasey Swift and Rebecca Henstock)

BLACK SCREEN.
TITLES.

STACEY LEIGH(voiceover)
Erm my name is Stacey Leigh. I'm seventeen. And I er have a problem. I've had this problem for a while now.
FADE IN .

INT. WHITE ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH SAT DOWN AT DESK BEING INTERVIEWED IN A ROOM. INTERVIEWER NOT SEEN ON CAMERA.

STACEY LEIGH
I've had this problem for about, 2 years. I can't really remember my life before the addiction. I don't want to remember, it's the reason why it started, and I don't want it to happen again.

CUT TO:

FLASH BACK.
INT. A RUN DOWN HOUSE

BAZ
Where's the fucking money!

CLOSE UP OF BAZ'S FEET WALKING UPSTAIRS. CUTS TO CLOSE UP OF STACEY LEIGH'S SCARED FACIAL REACTION. CUTS TO A DOOR SLAMMING. CUTS TO BAZ'S PERSPECTIVE LOOKING AT STACEY LEIGH SAT ON THE BED LOOKING UP AT BAZ.

BAZ
Worthless little bitch!

BAZ'S HAND SLAPS STACEY LEIGH AROUND THE FACE, (SLAPS THE CAMERA TO MAKE IT STACEY LEIGH'S PERSPECTIVE). CUTS TO STACEY LEIGH FALLING TO THE FALL, LOOKING UP AT BAZ WITH HER HAND TO HER FACE. STACEY LEIGH TRIES TO CRAWL AWAY TO THE DOOR, CUTS TO BAZ STOOD BEHIND STACEY LEIGH, HE THEN GRABS HER HAIR TO PULL HER BACK, STACEY LEIGH STARTS SCREAMING. STACEY LEIGH IS CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR WHILE BAZ IS ATTACKING HER, (DURING THE ATTACK THE AUDIO IS CUT/MUFFLED).

SHOT OF BLOOD ON STACEY LEIGH'S FACE MAKES BAZ STOP. (AUDIO COMES BACK ON). STACEY LEIGH IS CRYING AND BREATHING HEAVY.

BAZ
Oh fucking forget it, you slag!

BAZ WALKS OUT OF ROOM. STACEY LEIGH LOOKS AT HERSELF IN A MIRROR CRYING, WHICH IS LENT UP AGAINST A WALL.

FADE OUT

INT. WHITE ROOM

STACEY LEIGH IS SAT DOWN AT DESK BEING INTERVIEWED.

STACEY LEIGH
I guess I just needed something to get my mind away from it all. I had no one or nothing to turn to, this was the only thing I could do which made me feel better. This is where my life all changed, at the time I thought it was the best thing ever, I thought I had friends, I thought...

CUT TO:

FLASH BACK.

EXT. UNDERPASS. EVENING.

STACY LEIGH IS WITH FRIENDS. STACEY LEIGH IS SAT DOWN ON A BENCH WITH FRIENDS STOOD UP AROUND HER.

FRIEND 1
Hey, whats wrong with you?

FRIEND 2
Yeh, you've been really, I mean like really quiet lately, is everything okay at home?

STACEY LEIGH LOOKS UP AT FRIEND 2 WITH A WORRIED FACE. FRIEND 1 AND FRIEND 2 LOOK AT EACH OTHER.

FRIEND 1
Come on Stacey Leigh, I know something is wrong, and you know you can tell us anything, so come out with it Stacey Leigh.

STACEY LEIGH
You know what, why don't you mind your fucking business! You always like to stick your nose in! There's nothing wrong, so just fuck off out of my life!

FRIEND 1
What the fuck you silly cow, all we are trying to do is help you. You know what I've had enough of you being like this, so fuck ya!

FRIEND 1 AND FRIEND 2 WALK OFF, LEAVING STACEY LEIGH.


FADE OUT.

INT. WHITE ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH IS SAT DOWN AT DESK BEING INTERVIEWED.

STACEY LEIGH
I thought, I just was alone. One stupid thing, I just lost it all. It's funny how people can turn on ya, and what things can change ya. I never knew it would do this to me, I never knew it all and I would end up like this. Twenty quid, that's where it started, twenty quid...

FADE OUT.

FLASH BACK.

EXT. UNDERPASS/ QUIET STREET. EVENING.

STACEY LEIGH IS WALKING. DRUG DEALER BEGGING STACEY LEIGH TO BUY DRUGS.

DRUG DEALER
Twenty quid, twenty quid. It's all I'm asking for, right deal. Go on twenty quid, you wont regret it.

STACEY LEIGH
No...I've been through enough without getting into that.

DRUG DEALER
Go on, you wont regret it.

DRUG DEALER FLASHES A SINISTER SMILE.

CUT TO:

INT. WHITE ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH SAT IN THE INTERVIEW ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH
And I did regret it. I didn't listen to myself. I knew I shouldn't have done it. But he kept pushing me, and the more I didn't want to, the more I wanted to try it. To see what happens. I heard it solves problems. I heard it was just a way to escape the real world. Would it have helped me to forget?.... That's all that i was thinking about.
CUT TO:

FLASH BACK.

EXT. ABANDONED MARKET STALLS. EVENING.

STACEY LEIGH IS TAKING DRUGS, KEY OF KETAMINE (SHERBET). CAMERA SHOTS ARE FACED PACED AND SHOW STACEY LEIGH'S HALLUCINATIONS.

FADE OUT.

INT. WHITE ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH SAT IN THE INTERVIEW ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH
I felt amazing. I had nothing to worry about. I finally couldn’t feel the pain. It helped me forget things for a moment, but not to forget for a life time. So I kept having it. It was the only thing that kept me happy. But after a couple of weeks, it started to take it’s toll. I had no money, no home, I quit school, I had nothing.

FADE OUT.

FLASH BACK.

EXT. A STREET/ UNDERPASS. EVENING.

STACEY LEIGH IS LAID ON THE FLOOR WRAPPED UP IN A SLEEPING BAG.

STACEY LEIGH (VOICEOVER)
I knew that I had sunk to a low. I needed to find help, so I came to you to find it.

CUT TO:

INT. WHITE ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH SAT IN THE INTERVIEW ROOM.

STACEY LEIGH
But I knew this life wasn’t my fault. It can’t be my fault, can it?

END.

No comments:

Post a Comment